Monday, June 29, 2015

Haystack, Maine

I just got back from two weeks in Maine at Haystack Mountain School of Crafts. I took a class taught by Rachel Meginnes, Triple Knot: Stitching, Writing, and Conversation. It was incredibly interesting to work outside my usual medium. Although while working with thread and cloth, I did manage to turn paper into "cloth" through the technique of shifu, a spun paper thread. It was a wonderful class, full of interesting conversations and new ideas. 

And next Friday, I am driving down to Penland School of Crafts to assist Jana Harper's class The What & the Why: Books as Idea Generators...

:: branch weaving ::

:: paper weaving ::

:: lichen hanging on a lichen thread ::

:: little experiments I made in the class ::

:: Penobscot Bay ::

:: halftone colors ::

:: pink lichen ::

No comments:

Post a Comment