Thursday, July 7, 2011

Custom Journals

Last year I was commissioned by my friend Catherine to make a set of four custom journals as graduation gifts for friends. Catherine supplied me with a list of the recipients likes and interests which I included in each one. This year, I had the pleasure of making two more.

The first one was for someone who loves fashion and textiles, flowers, feathers, and other delicate things.

:: the cover ::

:: a landscape opens to a history of shoes ::
:: graph paper, a page from a vintage autograph book, and a child's exercise book ::
:: a vintage postcard of Marilyn Monroe ::
:: the cover ::
The second book was for someone who loves the forest and the ocean. For the cover I had the perfect vintage illustration from a children's science book.

:: handmade flax paper and the ocean ::
:: fossilized marine life ::
:: vintage graph paper and a map of the Atlantic ::

No comments:

Post a Comment