Thursday, October 1, 2009

Field Books






I've had field books on the brain. I guess it all started a year ago when I bought a yellow spiral bound surveyor's field book for note taking in Asheville. They tend to made with a higher quality rag paper than most other sketchbooks and are fairly waterproof. Their bright colors, lined papers, and rounded corners also make them attractive. I'm starting to incorporate elements of their style in my own books. Simplicity, utility, and quality!

:: hand bound hardcover with vintage paper cover and label by huldra press ::

:: rounded corner pocket books with handpainted covers by huldra press ::

1 comment:

  1. I love field books! I used to carry a certain kind around. I forgot what brand. It had a little elastic page holder thingy. Very handy.

    ReplyDelete