Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A show, a press, and a giant floating stone head


It's been a little while, hasn't it? I've been busy, getting ready for the Core Show and so have all my dear colleagues. There's still framing to be done, but yesterday I finished my new deluxe business cards, so things are moving along. It's getting there.

There's also big news on the horizon...

Saturday, I'm picking up my new press, a 10 x 15 Chandler & Price. I'll post pictures after the move. A real bargain basement find. Literally. It's in a basement and yes, it's really a bargain. So this week, I'm gathering my wits and resources for the move. Any advice?

I know the press will need some work, but I'm beginning to feel like things are coming together. I have a hard time moving forward when I don't know what's coming next. Getting this press is making the future more concrete. A thousand pounds more concrete.

Oh, and I'm looking forward to watching Zardoz.





3 comments:

  1. I watched that movie on cable when I was maybe 8? I remember feeling confused and a little nauseous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new press. Do you need a truck? And thanks for reminding me of Zardoz, I saw it when it came out in an Army base theater and later again in college, but that's a million years ago. I may need to rent it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! I'm renting a U-Haul and I think I'm set on supplies. Any advice though on moving large heavy machinery would be appreciated.
    Zardoz is pretty great. I can't imagine watching it as an 8 year old. Man.

    ReplyDelete