Monday, July 20, 2009




Since I won't be in class for the next three weeks, I'll be playing catch up on all the projects I have been putting to the side since winter. Some of these are as mundane as backing up my computer, some are a bit more fun. This afternoon, I scanned negatives that I took over two years ago with my Brownie Hawkeye camera. The optics on this thing are so poor that it creates some pretty wild effects. My favorite qualities of film are its imperfections. There is an element of chance in shooting with older, cheap cameras and with Polaroid that I find thrilling.
That's probably why I haven't been able to get very excited about digital. It's a blessing for documenting work, but nowhere near as fun as lugging around a Polaroid Spectra in your bag and looking like a weirdo.





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos! They remind me of being in some sort of dream state.

    ReplyDelete