Friday, July 31, 2009


My roommate read my horoscope from Free Will Astrology to me yesterday...

"The Norwegians used to have a concept called svoermere, which meant something sweetly futile or deliciously unprofitable. While I can see the appeal that your particular version of svoermere has had for you, Gemini, I think it's time to think about moving on. According to my reading of the omens, you have both a right and a duty to seek out more constructive pleasures that not only make you feel good but also serve your long-term goals."

I take this to be a sign that it's time to walk off the mountain and start making it all happen. Good. I'm looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm a Norwegian with a certain interest in folklore/mythology.
    I have never heard of svoermere....and it is definitely not a norwegian spelling. Anyway, to tell a Gemini to move on....no challenge there....

    I really like your blog, please keep on writing, and I'm curious about that Huldra-project of you, please don't leave it hanging.

    Good luck, best regards from the stranger Solveig Stokkeland looking for huldre on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Solveig,

    I'm so pleased to read your thoughts about Scandinavian folklore and mythology. Your observations about the down to earth nature of their beliefs is exactly what draws me to the literature. You're right, I can't find much on svoermere except from that horoscope, but it's a beautiful concept anyway.

    Thank you for sharing your insights and for reading.

    Best,

    Marianne

    ReplyDelete